How do I clean composite rugs?
- Always inspect and pretest. Complete pre-inspection form and photograph rug. Note all pre-Existing conditions, including:
- Susceptible to dimensional distortion.
- Susceptible to shrinkage.
- Seams may become more noticeable or even peak due to shrinkage.
- Inspect for seam failure.
- Advise customer that the backing will likely shrink and have them sign a release of liability
- Get customers approval for seam repairs.
- If the rug has natural fibers in the backing, consider stay-tacking and include in cost of
- Air dust or vacuum, do not run through tumble or strap duster.
- Wet out rug with cold, clear water or other appropriate solution I.E. Anti Dye, Rug Soure
Fringe Pre Treatment, etc.
- Apply LST solution or other fiber specific shampoo over entire rug, top pile only. Avoid
wetting out back.
- Work in with hand brush, shampooer or Cimex.
- Flush top of rug with water and squeegee or use weighted roller to remove contaminants.
- If using a flatbed washer, run through with top rinse jets only
- Squeegee, roll, ring out, extract, centrifuge or use other method to remove excess water.
- Groom rug.
- Do NOT hang to dry.
- Lay face-up. Speed dry with air overs, in dry room.
© 2020 by Chem Max. All Rights Reserved.